The Hidden In Plain Sight Wind Energy Systems are designed to enhance the storm resiliency of communities threatened by extreme weather events. The HIPS System is designed to survive a Category 5 hurricane and then function as a primary power source in low wind before and immediately after the storm. It’s simple, durable, redundant yet high performance design can be deployed solely, or as a component of distributed generation interconnected in microgrids. Used in conjunction with other new microgrid, storage and intelligent metering technologies, the HIPS systems distributed generation to enhance and fortify the storm resilience for entire at-risk communities.
The enclosure is carefully constructed with durable, corrosion resistant materials to survive wind speeds well above a category 5 hurricane.
The Hidden In Plain Sight Wind Energy System is built to be fault tolerant and uses redundant power generators to ensure you're able to generate energy after a storm.
Achieving Storm Resiliency with the HIPS Wind Energy System
During the Storm
The HIPS Wind Energy System is built to survive the worst storms to ensure your investment isn't lost.
- The fortified enclosure can survive 200 mph winds, much higher than a category 5 hurricane.
- Provides power during storms in wind speeds up to 100 mph.
- When powerlines are compromised the HIPS Wind Energy System will be generating power directly to you.
After the Storm
Produces energy through critical conditions.
- Provides power for communications, relief efforts and emergency responders.
- The HIPS Wind Energy System is capable of running during partial system failure thanks to the fault tolerant and redundant generators.
- The HIPS Investment Protection Program extended warranty and service plan is available to protect your investment for the future.
- The system is also simple to maintain and service, meaning you will be generating full power much sooner after a failure.